Here you go parents! Talk about any of these follow up questions around the dinner table, or on the way home from practice, or on the way to school this week (and if you have any stories of how your family is winning because of the Parent Cue, let me know so we can share some ideas with everyone!)
The Series: “God Is…”
The Text: 1 John 4:7-12
The Point: Love Goes
- How does the statement “God is love” differ from saying God loves?
- According to verses 9-10, how do we know what love is? What did God do?
- How does this kind of love compare with the kind of love that the world defines today?
- What do you think of this quote from Sunday:
“We need to understand the opposite of love is not hate, as the world would have you believe (which is really just another way to say if you don’t agree with me you hate me). The opposite is actually indifference. If God doesn’t care enough about you to send the solution to your sin problem, he doesn’t love you. But because He intervenes in what is destroying you, there is no greater way to understand love.”
- Is it possible to selfish and sacrificial at the same time?