I just got this email from my buddy Joel Dolloff at Kanakuk Kamps. This sounds like a GREAT opportunity for youth workers to develop student leaders in their groups. Check out what Joel says:
We are excited to inform you about the Domestique Program going on this summer at K-1 that you and your group can be a part of! This summer we are starting a week long service program for Ministry leaders and their groups. We are currently looking for at least two leaders and 8-10 volunteers per week to join us this summer in an exciting adventure of the following:
1.) Work Ethic that will last them a lifetime: One week of serving in the kitchen, shoulder-to-shoulder with some of our nations coolest Christian collegiates.
2.) Biblical training that will challenge then in their walk with the Lord
3.) Fun activities during afternoons and evenings, punctuated by joining us in the fun at Kanakuk.
4.) Team building experience for you and your youth group.
5.) An opportunity to learn to serve and experience the ministry that happens at Kanakuk Kamps.
Prerequisites for our Domestique Program are as follows:
- All students must be of upstanding, moral character and arrive on campus with a Character reference.
- All volunteers must be at least high school aged students.
- Students can be male or female but must have a leader that is able to live in the cabin with the kids. (If there are both male and female students then there must be a male and female leader to live in each of the cabins)
- A packet of information and forms will be sent to you if you choose to come and serve. All forms must be filled out and turned in before any student or leader serves at Kanakuk Kamps.
- Please no cancelation within 3 weeks of the dates you are scheduled.
Details of the Program:
- Your week will begin on a Saturday at 3:00pm and end the following Saturday after lunch.
- Housing and meals will be provided for your groups.
- A detailed schedule will be provided upon arrival that will include:
o Times to serve in the kitchen
o Fun activities on the K-1 property
o Group time for you to lead/plan with your students.
o Devotional time led by our Kanakuk leadership team
o A day or evening out and about in Branson
o Times to join in with Kanakuk.
- You will need to provide your own transportation and the only cost needed while at kamp is money for a night out in Branson. (Kanakuk discounts will be provided)
If the Domestique Program sounds perfect for you and your group then get back to me with the week that you would like to come and serve. (see attachment for list of weeks available) Weeks will be filled on a “first come first serve basis” so please contact me as soon as possible for the week you would like to come.
Hope to get you back at Kamp!